My role: Project Management | Research | Design | Testing |
May 2018 to Present
My client for this project is an artist who is looking for a better way to keep track of her colors. Before she can sit down to work, she has to joggle between paper sketches with her swatches and her markers. She sometimes finds herself buying the same color, or running out of a critical color in the middle of a project. She came to me asking how come there isn't a better solution?
This project is still in progress, and I am keeping a series of blogs on its development. You can learn more about how it started in this article.
My goal in this project is to create a tool that will be helpful to many artists. So after our first meeting, where we defined the scope of the project, I set out to interview artists who would fit our target audience.
I used the research findings to come up with a persona, and set the parameter for the current MVP. You can learn more about the research phase this article.
At the start of the design phase, I put together a project brief that detailed what we were doing and how we were about to do it. After getting the client's buy-in, I led us through a design exercise to brainstorm the platform's flow and one of its critical user stories. You can read more in this article.
With the flow and the brief figured out, I started exploring the design of the main user stories with low-fi paper sketches. I turned to my client as a domain expert, and kept her involved with the designs.
You can learn about some interesting challenges that I had to tackle in this article.
Next up, I am going to create wireframes and explore the visual design of the app. I am already thinking about the critical micro-interactions that must be tested.
Stay tuned for more!